In fulfilment of his promise to implement the payment of incremental salary of the 2021 Promotion in September, the Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun has approved the immediate payment of new salary to beneficiaries of the 2021 Promotion.
The State Head of Service, Mr. Kolawole Fagbohun made this known in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta while fielding questions from journalists.
He said the 2021 and 2022 promotion letters were released to deserving Civil/Public Servants of the State in August 2023 with the assurance that the implementation of 2021 will take effect from September while that of 2022 in December.
“The implementation, which represents the government’s demonstration at enhancing the welfare of Public Service and ensuring the healthy wellbeing of its workers, further complements government efforts in the ‘Building Our Future Together’ Agenda of the present administration” he noted.
Mr. Fagbohun added that while the implementation of 2022 promotion is expected in December, ‘’the State government, under the leadership of Prince Abiodun has embarked on various people-oriented policies and programmes, some of which are pivotal to his commitment towards the welfare and motivation of workers’’.
The Head of Service said others are directed towards providing succour for the petrol subsidy removal by the Federal Government which included, the renewal of the State Public Service via the appointment of key personnel, allocation of Official Vehicles to Government Officials, approval of Site and Services for Civil/Public Servants, payment of hazard allowance to health workers, payment of peculiar allowance to deserving workers, and release of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) bus to workers.
He further enumerated the efforts of the government in the area of workers’ welfare including payment of ₦10,000 cash palliative for Public Servants for a period of three months, approval of the Consolidated Legislative Salary Structure for Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN), various training initiatives for middle and management level officers.
Others are the constitution of various Committees to develop an induction/orientation manual, review of the Public Service Rules and the Financial Regulations, and approval to replace top-level Officers retiring from the Public/Civil Service at entry levels, among others.
Mr. Fagbohun said the Governor had also extended magnanimity to the pensioners through the;
1. Implementation of the minimum pension of ₦10,000.00 to both the State and Local Government Pensioners,
2. The inauguration of a Committee on Pension Consequential Adjustment to review upward the Pensioners’ monthly pension across board, and to align with the economic reality,
3. Payment of monthly pension to Fifteen Thousand, Four Hundred and Ninety-Six State pensioners as at when due,
4. Upward review of the quarterly release of gratuity from Six Hundred Million Naira (₦600,000,000.00) to One Billion Naira (₦1,000,000,000.00),
5. Distribution of palliatives to the citizens of the State including State Pensioners,
6. The commencement of the direct payment of ₦10,000.00 palliative from July 2023 to State Pensioners and;
7. Individual approvals of fund for Pensioners with urgent medical needs/surgery.
The Head of Service enjoined workers in the State to reciprocate the kind gestures of the Governor at enhancing the quality of the Civil/Public Service by being more dedicated and committed to their duties, and performing their responsibilities conscientiously, while equally providing all necessary support, toward the continued actualisation of the ISEYA mantra of the present administration.